Wednesday 2 October 2013

'No Potential Baby Daddy': Rihanna Admits Chris Brown Romance Is Finally Over



RiRi's and Brown's controversial romance saw them split in 2009 after the Fine China star assaulted the singer following a pre-Grammy awards party. After over a year of rumours the couple were secretly hooking up, they finally went public with their rekindled relationship in December last year where they attended a basketball game on Christmas Day together.

Despite both claiming things would be better a second time around, the pair only lasted five months together, before splitting in May. And it looks like it won't be back on anytime soon as speaking to Glamour magazine the star admitted she had no "potential" love interests lined up, when asked about settling down.

"One day I will have kids," she revealed, "I look forward to the day when I'm gonna be a mum. But I'm nowhere close. I don't even have a potential baby daddy!"

While she isn't close to settling down now, Chris Brown hinted following their split he wasn't interested in the level of commitment needed from the relationship, insisting he was too young to "wife" someone.

"I mean, at the end of the day, shawty doing her thang, she on the road ... It's always gonna be love. I'm just gonna do me. I'm a grown man. Just gotta fast forward," he said during an interview with Australia's 2Day radio show The Kyle and Jackie Show, in May.

"The way I look at it is, I am always going to love that person," he said. "But people have differences and people have different wants and needs. And at the end of the day, she's a young girl. I can't really be focused on wife-ing somebody that young at the end of the day.

"And I'm young too. So I can't focus on that right now. I just need to fast forward and be a man and be the best Chris Brown I can be, instead of worrying about whoever else is going to be in my side pocket."

Rihanna's admission about children is certainly different to what she said while still with Brown to Elle magazine in March. Revealing she wanted children before she was 30, she revealed: "I will probably have a kid. And I'm praying I can go on vacation for a good month. And I'll have set some things up so I don't have to tour for the rest of my life, even though I love touring. I want health and happiness in five years. I want to be healthy and happy,"

About her then relationship with Brown, she clearly thought things were going to last:  "Now that [Chris and I] are adults, we can do this right. We got a fresh start and I'm thankful for that. Right now that's just what we want, a great friendship that's unbreakable.

No comments:

Post a Comment