Saturday 21 September 2013

You'll regret it: Fellaini tells Ronaldo he should have joined him at Old Trafford

Marouane Felllaini has thanked his new team-mates for ensuring a smooth transition from Everton to Manchester United and told Cristiano Ronaldo he may regret passing up the chance to join him at Old Trafford.As manager David Moyes' only significant pre-deadline signing, Fellaini was under greater scrutiny than even from United followers who were hoping to see their midfield bolstered by Ronaldo and Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas.Former United favourite Ronaldo finally dashed any prospect of a reunion by signing a new long-term contract at Real Madrid, and describing Old Trafford as part of his past, while Fabregas made it clear he wanted to stay at the Nou Camp.
Undeterred, Fellaini filled the gap in midfield and responded to a series of pep talks from senior players, most notably Rio Ferdinand, to make an early favourable impression on the Old Trafford crowd.'It is different here, compared to Everton, and everything is in place to help me improve as a player,' he said.'I am surrounded by better players, with more quality and better technique, and they have also demonstrated how much they care about me settling in quickly.'They have gone to the trouble of spending time with me and offering advice, talking through any questions I wanted
answering.'The experienced players have been great with me, but others have played a part as well.
'They all have, and I appreciate it. It has helped me feel at home.'If Ronaldo has made it clear he won't be coming here, that's just too bad for him!'I feel great at this club, and when I see supporters turning up for games wearing a (Fellaini) wig, it makes me feel even better.'It is funny to see that, but very pleasing as well. It makes me want to do all I can for them on the pitch, and that's what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment